Saturday, February 12, 2011

As Ali MacGraw says...

There is that saying from that really sad movie,.. Love means never having to say you are sorry.. I think this is a crock of crap. I have to say sorry to the people that I love all the time.. in exhausting sucession.. I have a temper. It's true.. and I try and keep it locked away in a nice little closet but I sometimes it escapes in all it's ridiculous Irish glory.. and then.. darn if it's not a mess.  I have to say sorry for other things too sometimes.. and there comes a point where you have to say it, mean it, and let it go. I wish there was an "easy" button for that somewheres.. but if there is, I have not found it. Life isn't like the movies.. (Shocking, I know) No cue the sappy music and perfectly worded and profoundly stated apologies... more is the pity. Just realism everywhere I look these days.. and that is that. Sometimes I don't just insert my foot, I add my ankle,my calf, my kneecaps.... It gets dicey ya'll. In a glass half full situation, I have never set fire to anything, or shot at anyone...Sooo...No Jail time..BONUS. But.. my point being. I hate apologies.. hate them. Which is why I never issue one unless I mean it. I did NOT apologize to the rude manager at Wal- Mart, I did not issue one to the dork who almost hit me with his vehicle the other day after I sent him the appropriate and much needed gesture. As for the woman who took the last package of Gobstopper Valentines heart candy.. I did NOT say sorry for the nasty look I acquired upon my visage. So, my point being.. having to say "sorry" sucks.. but if I say it, I mean it..  k thanks and I'm jus sayin.

1 comment: