Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Come on get Higher...

I've been thinking lately.. it may be time to admit that I'm a little teensy weensy.. High Maintenance. * Gasp* I didn't used to be. I grew up with lots of boys and games of "kick the can" and "jump off the cliff and try not to break something". I owned camo's and BB guns and dirt bikes... However, I remember a day when we were driving to church and Joel (my brothah from another mothah) rolled down the window. We live in Georgia, it was summer, it was hot, no air conditioning... and I remember thinking "OMG, my hair"..  Now, if you knew me then, It will not be entirely clear what I was worried about.. as it was, "Special" looking, but still, in that moment I knew.. I would rather suffer for the love of fashion and die of heat stroke... it was pivotal.



I noticed that I've been  slowly adding of things over the years. I admitted to myself that I was never going to grow my nails out, so I pay someone to glue fake ones on. I went to three stores last week looking for THE BRAND of hairspray that I can't live without. Obnoxious? Yes, but necessary...  ( frizzy hair is the WORST) I have special facial creams that are supposed to keep you young and radiant etc... Do they work? I have no clue but I am certainly not going to STOP using them and see what happens.. oh the HORROR.  When I went to get my hair blown out the other day, the lady asked me where I was going.. "Um, nowhere, but it was TOTALLY worth ten bucks to not have to do it myself.." Did you know that you can hire someone to GLUE eyelashes on, one by one? It's true, it's a whole complicated "tape your eyeball down, Hilteresque kind of thing".. and something new I probably can't live without.  So, after careful consideration of the facts at hand, I've decided, I'm High Maintenance.. Ladies, Come and get Higher.. it's fun and there are really cool hair products. Oh,  and I have no guilt. Guilt was for my twenties, in my thirties, this stuff is COMPLETELY necessary. I'm jus SAYIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment