Sunday, January 23, 2011

An open letter...


An open letter to Winter..

Dear Winter,
    I think you should know that I am entirely over you. I find the charm of a fire and a chilly night has worn off, and I long for the days when I can go outside at night and not be in danger of losing a digit. Your required footwear is on my nerves.. I get pedicures... for WHAT?.. my toes are ensconced in socks.. and boots.. and lots of Black. I seem to bruise for NO REASON during your awful reign and my skin... my gosh.. it's so darn dry.. There isn't enough Jergens in this WORLD to make this okay...  So, I am respectfully asking you to GO AWAY.. We need to break up. I don't like you and your butt face. I don't like it when you drizzle on me. I don't like it when I have to wear jeans ALL the time. Jeans are BORING Winter.. BORING.. I tell you. I don't like it when you start blowing your freaking wind, I don't like it when you ice me in my house.I don't like the PALENESS.  I HATE needing four layers of clothing before leaving the house.. And snowing twice... REALLY? Is that ENTIRELY necessary? I live in the SOUTH Winter, you are supposed to be a mere shadow here.. a softer gentle side of what you show them northern folks. I'm a Texas girl living in Georgia.. I need warmth.. Get yourself together, have some self respect.. and know when you are wanted. You are NOT. Go 'way.. K thanks...

Sincerely,
A Southern girl who is longing for a white dress and a lounge chair.... Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment