Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentines Shmalentines...

     Okay, so I'm the odd girl when it comes to Valentines Day pomp and circumstance. I think it's a waste of my time.. I know I'm probably in the minority here.. but bottomline it's something else I have to remember to get from a store. A card. A present... sheesh.. I JUST did that in December. Now, don't get me wrong. I love to get my kiddos little fun candies and silly toys, because, frankly I like any excuse to do that. However, If my husband temporarily loses his mind and buys flowers, my default setting is irritation. They are so MUCH more expensive on the 14th than they are on the 15th.. and frankly.. if they aren't in a vase, in means I have to arrange them,.,. and I got NO flower arranging SKILLZ at all. None. It always looks like something a five year old did,.BESIDES.. I don't just want something because the calender TELLS you to get it.. I want it because you thought of it on your own. Complicated? Absolutely.. but in all fairness, I've never pretended to be anything but. Jus Sayin,
     I don't know when I realized that in a lot of ways.. I'm a guy when it comes to sentimentality and gooey acts of affection. I'm a realist. If you want to get on my good side... no flowers... rather..  how bout cleaning out the car? Or... I dunno.. call me romantic.. but fixing the printer so that when I press "print" something that I need comes out of what near as I can tell is a gigantic paper weight. Or, how bout helping me build some sort of closet organizing thingy.. my heart flutters just thinking about it... Oh. and. Shoes.. definitely shoes would be good..So, anyways.. I'm boycotting the 14th.. To me, tomorrow shall be ... MONDAY..I'm original like that.,  Valentines Shmalentines.. I'm Jus Sayin..

3 comments:

  1. I am right there with you! Can I get a big AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally someone who says it like it is! I think if he loves me, he will find a way to show me without a day to remind him to do it. Just help me everyday and that means more to me than anything in this world! Everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN! I want the attention on a Tuesday.. because.. Not because the calender says so! Dishes, or my favorite hot chocolate.. I do NOT need Kaye jewelers..thank you verra much.

    ReplyDelete