Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Survival is overrated.


I have given it considerable thought... and I've decided that survival is over rated. While I was sitting watching an exhausting soccer practice, and trying to get a five year old to stop crying... it came to me. This is WAY ridiculous. Like WAY. I called several friends while sitting in a chair in a tiny ball complaining about life in general. Made me laugh at how many of us or SO completely OVER it. We are. Us moms are TIRED, and we are AWESOME, and we fix the most RIDICULOUS problems ever known to man. I actually found myself saying "you need to be more afraid of ME than the DARK" to a particularly stubborn child who wouldn't go upstairs the other day, and I MEANT ever word of it. Like Reallllllllly MEANT it.  I actually had to say "YOU DON"T' SWALLOW COINS!" What the heck? That's RIDICULOUS. Or how bout... "I'm gonna count to THREE and then....." I like to leave it open ended for them to interpret the threat on their own. What they may think of us is probably worse than what I can come up with anyways. Anyways, mah point being that I'm going to stop surviving. I truly think I may just be me. However that works out.  I like to laugh. I like to talk a LOT. I like to find the "happeh place". I'm not going to survive, I'm going to live. I don't exactly know how yet... but I will. Because, survival is overrated, LIVING is where it's at. Living with killer shoes? EVEN BETTER. Because that means that I wake up and don't start the car in the garage without opening the door.  There's a thought. Jus sayin.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment