Monday, September 20, 2010

Another day older and deeper in debt

        I stopped being excited about birthdays around 25. I started disliking them around 30, and I absolutely lost my CRAP last year when I turned 32. How did this happen? I'm older, and it just keeps happening. Now, getting older isn't all bad. I have a much larger selection of shoes. I have excellent credit. I have reeeeeallly excellent insurance coverage. I have better hair.. And... most importantly..the rumor is.. I'm supposed to be wiser. I don't feel wiser. In fact, I feel like I should definitely know more to be this age. I should know stuff about stuff. Meaningless but "I'm in my thirties, so I know that" stuff.  Like what an amortization rate is and what is the gestation rate of whales... ( I don't know these things, obviously)  I went to a doctors appointment the other day and they told me I was 5 '5 3/4... Um, EXCUSE me.. I am 5 '6. That's what the license says.  Am I shrinking already? Uncool. I guess I'm hopeful that this year contains fun, and love, and a little more wisdom. I'm hopeful that it contains girls nights out, and hugs from my loved ones, and the occasional ice cream cone. I'm hopeful that it contains a bright light at the end of the tunnel that is NOT a oncoming TRAIN. Also, in related news, I'm hopeful that I grow 1/4 of an inch. Because my license says 5 '6.. and by GOD that's how tall I am. Jus sayin.


2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you! here's hoping for another great year and another 1/4 inch! the doc tried to tell me the other day I was 5'3 1/2". I know I'm 5'4", must be a doctor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spectacular for 33 dear! :)

    ReplyDelete