Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Love, actually

This is the season of one of my very favorite movies. "Love, Actually" Sooo... I got to thinkin...

    To love someone. To really love someone, makes you care about the dumbest things. I worried that the boys were cold yesterday, that I hadn't sent the right jackets. I worry that the boys need to be tough and strong.. which is weird because I'm OBVIOUSLY the girl. I worried that dinner wasn't going to be ready and everyone would get hungry while I was driving too and fro. I worry about making Christmas perfect for my family.  I had a straight up PANIC the other day worrying about the forgotten ice cream money. I worry about my loved ones health, the silliest little details of a medical report... which is mostly of the boring kind. (Thankfully) The whole "I'm allergic to cats and dogs" threw the oldest one for a loop, but it soooo wasn't the end of the world. I worry that the youngest will realize that with "charm + dimples" you can get a lot.. and I worry that he will use that as a teen or young adult.... ack!

    
 I worry. I love. I just do. It's how I'm built. Sometimes it would be so much easier to shut that valve off. There is a lot of grief to be had for loving people... it gives them power. The power to hurt you, the power to exasperate you, the power to worry you, the power to enrage you.. but in the end. I dunno.. I'm just guessing here... if you love them... then you care. You are. That's what it's all about. Ice cream money, and cat dander...and warm jackets... That's what love is, actually....I think, and I'm jus sayin.

2 comments:

  1. I <3 this . . . What a sweet Mama, caretaker, giver, friend . . . A true 'lover' at heart.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat, I just love this and the pictures are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete