Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Better Nate than Lever

     There was a joke.. about a guy named Nate. His job was to watch a lever and make sure it was never pushed.(World Destruction or something)  One day a bad guy came and Nate died in defense of the lever... Long story short.. " Better Nate than Lever".. (I credit Terah Chowning Tucker for this A-mazing joke)
     I remember the day. Clearly. I remember using humor to deal with something embarrassing.. My belt fell down as I was walking to my high school class and... I laughed it off. It worked. From then on I  found I prefer to laugh then cry any day. If I can find humor I will. It can be surprising how often I find humor in my every day life.. It keeps me from being hysterical. At this point, Iv'e decided to go with it.  




     I found myself eyeball to optic nerve with a sheep's brain today coated in formaldehyde. I fought the gag reflex and could see the humor... this is where my life is. Odd though it may be. Looking at a sheep's brain. On a Tuesday. Poor sheep.. but his brain.. wow..How ludicrous. I can find it funny. I forgot my jacket in a class today. Didn't remember till I had walked to mah car. Had to go back. Walk through a class full of 50 or so kids who were learning something.. important...They looked at my funny. The professor looked at me funny. I had to to tell a particularly non-reactive 18-20 year old boy to move his sprawling legs... but I needed mah jacket. Soo... in I went . Like it was normal. I could see the humor. It was funny. They were talking about deathly important things.. and in I went. Needed mah jacket. 'Scuse me.... K.. thanks...  I find it better to not take yourself too seriously... especially me. In all the RIDICULOUS situations I put myself in on a regular basis. I thought it might decrease with age.. but nope. Still RIDICULOUS... but.. I can see the humor in it... and most days I'm okay with it...I'm Jus sayin.


1 comment: